Source Design Ltd is committed to minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimising waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Reducing power consumption by turning off unused computers and other electrical equipment when not in use.
- Utilising the ‘energy-saver’ function of computers and other electrical equipment.
- The use of energy-efficient lighting and motion-sensor switching wherever possible.
- Utilising instantaneous, on-demand, energy-efficient under sink hot water units in WCs and a Quooker tap in the kitchen area.
- Minimising toxic emissions through car-sharing, walking, or our cycle to work scheme and the source of our power requirement.
- Actively promoting a ‘print only when required’ mindset, recycling both internally and amongst our customers and suppliers.
- Recycling inks, cartridges and all other materials wherever possible.
- Meeting or exceeding all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company’s activities.
- Offsetting the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities and feeding electricity back to the National Grid through our 36 solar panelled, energy-efficient building.
The effectiveness of this policy and associated arrangements together with opportunities for ongoing improvement will be regularly reviewed and undertaken under the direct supervision of the company directors.