Web & Technical Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic, talented, motivated and organised problem solver, to lead our client web experience and manage the development team and their workflow.
Established 30 years, we have a reputation for quality and excellent service. As a brand and digital communications agency, we create brands & packaging, bespoke website solutions and digital marketing for businesses throughout Shropshire and beyond. Our awesome team of creatives, developers, marketers and Account Managers all work collaboratively to create great results for a diverse range of clients.
Role Overview & Responsibilities
With an existing and growing customer base, we require an experienced, proven, technically minded website leader who can scope, win, manage and fulfil our client’s briefs.
You will be responsible for both picking up inbound web enquiries and supporting our Account Managers in scoping and project management of our website projects. You will be responsible for day to day liaison and management of both historical and new web builds including eCommerce, plug-in and/or bespoke options and API integration. You will lead the development team to ensure all projects are managed on time and to the highest standard.
We’re ideally looking for someone with development experience, who is both commercially and technically minded, able to come up with solutions and has good leadership and motivational skills.
You will also be responsible for managing your own time and keeping the developers on track, as well as making sure our database is kept up to date.
The role, experience and responsibilities:
- A thorough understanding of development, client liaison to interpret their brief and requirements and therefore have an intuition for problem solving within a given brief, budget and timeframe
- Experience working with WordPress and supporting website functionality such as plug-ins and bespoke development knowledge
- Understand the value of UX design
- Confident and articulate, with an eye for detail, to build and maintain long standing, trustworthy relationships
- Enthusiasm for the latest and best practices in web development
- Manage website projects with the Development team whilst also liaising with the Account Managers
- Manage the developer’s workload to ensure deadlines are met and clients are kept informed
- Analysing websites in order to report their failings and potential improvements
- Meet deadlines and the ability to think quickly and adapt to ongoing changes
Additional skills that would be great to have:
- Working knowledge of HTML and other code would be an advantage
- Basic knowledge of Windows and networking
- Good knowledge of website and marketing analytics tools inc. Google Analytics
- Knowledge and the value of SEO and digital marketing post web build
- Basic server management with Linux and WHM/cPanel for hosting
- A solid understanding of the website transfer process, DNS records and the ability to identify whether a site (or elements of a site) is suitable for our hosting servers
- Hybrid working – min. 3 days p/week office based
- Flexibility around hours
- Company contributed pension scheme
- Holidays that increase the longer you’re with us
- An extra day off at Christmas
- Annual performance bonus
- Referral commission
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular team lunch and socials out
- Genuine and friendly team
- Free parking
- Free tea, coffee and fruit basket
- Fizzy (or beer!) Friday
If you would like to be part of our chilled, but passionate team working in a rewarding environment, we’d love to hear from you. Send your CV to [email protected]