Senior Web Developer
Source is a full-service agency, established in 1991 and based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire. We are looking for a full-time, permanent Senior Web Developer to join our talented and highly-motivated team.
Your responsibilities will include the development of new websites and applications, as well as the ongoing support and maintenance of existing projects across a variety of platforms.
You will also need to be able to work alongside our existing development team, creative team and account managers, and be able to accurately scope out technical specifications and estimate build times.
Internally, we use software such as PhpStorm, Git, Google Workspace, and Adobe Creative Cloud, so experience with these software packages (or similar) is beneficial.
The role and responsibilities
The specific skills that we are looking for in a senior developer are:
- Significant experience with PHP development – you can write code that is secure, modern and easy to maintain and understand.
- Significant experience with bespoke WordPress development, particularly bespoke plugins.
- Good working knowledge of MySQL/MariaDB.
- Experience with HTML, CSS and JS.
Additional skills that would be beneficial are:
- Experience in working with Laravel on bespoke web applications is a strong plus.
- Experience in integrating into third-party APIs is a strong plus.
- Working knowledge of version control systems like Git.
- Experience with using Linux systems and website hosting control panels for basic server management.
- Good working knowledge of DNS, and an ability to diagnose, advise and repair DNS issues.
- Hybrid working – min. 3 days p/week office based
- Flexibility around hours
- Company contributed pension scheme
- Holidays that increase the longer you’re with us
- An extra day off at Christmas
- Annual performance bonus
- Referral commission
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular team lunch and socials out
- Genuine and friendly team
- Free parking
- Free tea, coffee and fruit basket
- Fizzy (or beer!) Friday
£40k to £50k depending on experience.
If you would like to be part of our passionate, hard-working yet chilled team, working in a rewarding and friendly environment, we’d love to hear from you. Please email [email protected] with a covering letter, CV and current salary.